lundi 23 février 2015

synchronizing data between sharepoint and a local access db


I have a large report that is built in access. The data are primarily stored in Sharepoint lists, but due to the performance of querying the linked lists, I use a macro to effectively sync the sharepoint data to a local table. There are about 20 lists for which I want to copy the data. In each case I have a query to delete the data in the local table and then append from sharepoint. The macro runs each query sequentially for all tables (first delete, then add).


Here's my problem: almost without fail I have to run the macro 2 or 3 times to get the local tables to hold the same data. It's almost as if the queries are executing asynchronously such that things don't update properly... but that's not how access works.


I've tried converting to vb and using make table queries instead of deleting and appending. Neither reliably work.


I'm sure there's a logical fix but I'm struggling to figure out what the right questions are to ask to fix this problem. I'm hoping that someone can help me to think about this a different way to get at the issue.


I'm using Access 2010, Windows 7. Memory/CPU don't seem to be an issue as neither max out during the operation. I've got the database stored locally on my C: drive.


Here's a PDF of the macro object





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire