jeudi 26 février 2015

Restoring SQL Server database on another box


I have a SQL Server database that is running these scripts to create backups. It's running full backups once a week, daily differentials, and hourly logs. These are being FTPd to another box where I would like to be able to restore them for verification purposes. Right now I'm doing this simply hand picking the appropriate backups using the names of the files, which have the date/time encoded into them. That seems pretty hacky to me.


On the main SQL Server box where the backups are being created, I can open SMS, right click on the database, and select




Tasks -> Restore -> Database




I get a nice grid listing of options including the full, diffs, and logs that I can restore.


enter image description here


I can't seem to recreate this on the remote box though. I figure that the other SQL Server probably doesn't have the metadata required to create this list since the backups didn't originate from that box. Is there anyway to restore that meta data as well? Pretty sure that info is stored in master but restoring that database doesn't seem to help.


It seems like the system should be able to take all the backup files and tell me which ones go together. Is that possible?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire