vendredi 27 février 2015

Database Design Question? Relationships and Form Data


I am working on a project that requires to store evaluation form data. Essentially, the a reviewer will fill out a form based on the performance of the person being evaluated. Now there is well over 40 questions in this form. They are all divided up into their own subset of questions.


Now that you have a general idea of what I am storing, I will go over what I have right now.


I knew that making a table that had 40 columns was not a smart way to structure it, so I decided to split the table up.


I have a tables called Form_Headers, Form_Header_Details, Form_References, and Form_Data.


Each row in Form_Data has an ID that points to it's referencing ID in Form_References. It also has an ID that references to Form_Header_Details which is a table that has IDs for all the form input names. Example: How do they interact with their peers?. Then each Form_Header_Details references its Form_Headers which are the categories for the Form_Header_Details.


It works, but I feel as if the table Form_Datais very messy. It's essentially all the form entries referencing other tables to connect it all together.


Is there a way to clean this up?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire