lundi 23 février 2015

federated tables? synchronization? replication? [mysql]


I have a REMOTE suppliers table with, lets say, a code and a name, and several client databases will be creating new suppliers.


Server database



code | name
______________
1 | Mark
2 | John
3 | Jodie


I thought that a federated table would fit the best, as every client could create new suppliers in a centralized table which assigns incremental codes,


Obviously, if the Internet connection is down, clients won't be able to create new suppliers, so this won't work for me.


I thought that the best idea would be assigning a prefix to each client, and the code count would be assigned locally.


Local table client A



code | name
______________
A1 | Mark
A2 | Jodie


Local table client B



code | name
______________
B1 | John


Then, the data would be merged into a single remote table.


Remote merged table



code | name
______________
A1 | Mark
B1 | John
A2 | Jodie


But at this point, I am lost, I don't know if there is a solution for this problem, or I would need to merge them with a cron job + script.


Maybe a multiple-masters-to-1-slave would work?


Is there any way to schedule merge jobs?


Any idea would be appreciated.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire