mardi 24 février 2015

SQL Cluster, AlwaysOn AG, or Something Else?


I really needs some help with Setting up SQL servers. We are re-configuring our network and have no clue how to resolve our SQL issue. My Network Admin. wants an "Active/Active" with shared storage (SAN) solution. The reason for this is load balancing, redundancy, and auto-fail over. I do not believe this can be done or should be done. Please help me figure this out. I have listed some info. below on our setup. Thank you



  1. We will most likely use three servers, possible using VMs

  2. We have a SAN with 1GB networking

  3. Solution needs to have auto-fail over and the secondary node's database needs to be synchronous

  4. If possible with a solution to have mixed hardware (Intel, AMD)

  5. All servers and equipment located in one location

  6. We will be using either SQL Server 2012 R2 or 2014





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire