mercredi 25 février 2015

How to save the design of an Access database -- not the content -- as text?


How can I save the entire design or specifications of an Access 2007 database -- not the data content -- as text, and reload after making edits to the text version of the design?


I have fallen foul of the "Enter Parameter Value" bug whereby a query pop-up shows an out-of-date query name -- despite having the Name AutoCorrect Options turned on and having run Compact and Repair Database.


I have read that Name AutoCorrection is buggy. I've also read that it was possible to save an object as text (in an earlier version of Access) and think this would be a valuable means of making name changes everywhere -- queries and forms as well as tables.


Please do not try to convince me not to change names; that will only make me more determined to change names even more often :-0





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire