mercredi 25 février 2015

How to directly query other user tables


I am trying to learn Oracle database and I am having difficulties on importing a backup file with impdp command. I googled deeply but couldn't find answers to my problems. What have I done until now is:



  1. I created a user as Test1 with tablespace

  2. I granted some privileges through sqlplus

  3. I imported the backup file by using impdp command with options fromuser=Test2 touser=Test1

  4. I imported the backup file by using impdp command with options fromuser=Test2 touser=Test1

  5. I started sqldeveloper and connected to Test1

  6. I expanded tables but there is no table to be displayed

  7. I expanded other users. There is also another Test1 among other users

  8. I checked tables of Test1 and the tables were all there


Now my questions:



  1. Although I chose touser=Test1 option, why the tables are displayed in Test1 which is in other users group? I expected the tables to be in first users' table list

  2. How can I import database directly to the user I created? I don't want to use other users because I have to use [schema_name].[table_name] in my selects which is a waste of time for me.

  3. I can click on tables in other user table list and display the data but I cannot open a blank sql page to write some queries. Is there any way to do that?


EDIT:


The command I used when importing is:



impdp Test1/123 DIRECTORY=backup_dir DUMPFILE=Test.dmp FULL=Y fromuser=Test2 touser=Test1


The result is as follows:


User and Other Users tables





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire