jeudi 29 janvier 2015

what would be the primary disadvantages of splitting my tables into table spaces and/or separate schemata


I would like to organize the MySQL tables of a complex application into some groups, to avoid looking at a one big bin of tables. One big bin is harder to administrate when e.g. I would like to reset certain groups of related tables, or if I'd later wish to move a group of related tables to a different MySQL server altogether, and it is also more error prone when developing new DDL code.


I can apply a sense of grouping with my own table name prefixing "convention", but thought about using table spaces or even separate schemata. What would be the primary disadvantages of using separate table spaces or schemata for applying a sense of grouping upon my tables?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire