vendredi 30 janvier 2015

SQL Server 2012 Installation Has No Option To Uninstall


I've recently inherited a laptop for testing from a client, unfortunately it wasn't a fresh image so it has some software already installed that's causing me some grief.


The short version is their IT department has had some issues, I think the only person still working there is the guy that makes the tea, and they've asked me to setup an easy to deploy SQL Server 2012 installation and instance (easy enough, this is scripted and ready to go) the issue is that SQL Server 2012 is already installed on the laptop and there's no option to uninstall it through Add/Remove, so I can't do a test install for them to look at.


I'm thinking that the installation is corrupt, and I'm going to have to either A) Remove it all manually and hope I get all the registry keys and associated files, or B) Send it back to the client and wait for them to send me another laptop (This one's not preferable, like I said they're having a number of issues with their IT department and I'm pretty sure I'm just going to get the same laptop back as it is now)


Am I right in thinking this is a botched/corrupted installation, or have I missed something? It's windows 7 professional, logging in with a local admin account. I've been able to uninstall some other applications.


I checked some other posts on here and it sounds similar to ; How to uninstall SQL server 2012 not showing in control panel's "Programs and features"


Thanks for your opinion. Neil





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire