vendredi 30 janvier 2015

Product Attribute System While Avoiding EAV


I'm working on building an attribute system for products. The issue that I'm running into is that various products can have very different attribute requirements.


Some E-commerce websites such as Magento use an EAV system. That's something that I'd like to avoid due to performance issues, database cleanliness/complexity/control.


So far I'm leaning towards using a variety of tables. For example I might have a table of attributes that pertain to medical devices and then a different table that is for toys and games. Any attributes that are generic would just fall into the actual product table. If I do choose to go with this option, then I suppose my product table would have a column which represents which attribute table is used.


I'm not actually a Database Administrator, so I don't really know what's best. I hope that someone is able to give me some insights into a good implementation or acknowledge that my current thought process is in the right direction.


Thank you





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire