jeudi 5 mars 2015

MySQL Replication/Backup


I'm a new DBA working with a MySQL(5.6.19) instance I have running on a Mac Pro, I'd like to back it up with the Percona tools, but there isn't a distro for Mac, so my plan is to create a copy of the database on a linux box, make it a slave to the one on the Mac and then use the Percona tool to back it up from there (this will be on a local network). This Linux box will also be running the full system backup software (Bacula) we're setting up. I've looked into how to set this up and I think I get most of it, but I'd love advice on the following issues:


1) Bacula uses MySQL for part of its back end, if I set up the slave server on that machine will Bacula still be able to use MySQL as its back end? (More generally, can there be other schema on a MySQL instance that is running in slave mode?). Or do I need to configure a separate server instance as here: http://ift.tt/1H1EVtj ? (or are there better ways that I'm missing?)


2) I can do a mysqldump of the current database, but it will be rather slow as I have a few very large files, will there be a problem transferring the files directly as http://ift.tt/1EjRxOb from Mac to Linux?


Thanks everyone! Any responses to either would be much appreciated!


David





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire