vendredi 27 mars 2015

sys.dm_os_volume_stats problem


Today I have been having quite an interesting issue, which I can't seem to fix. I am getting drive information for a Failover Cluster Instance SQL Server 2012. These drives are Volume Mount Points. For about 40 instances this runs perfectly except for one FCL this does not retrieve the right drive.


The query I use is



select
case when type_desc = 'ROWS' then 'DATA' when type_desc = 'LOG' then 'LOG' else 'Unknown' end as DataOrLog,
mf.database_id,
mf.name,
mf.physical_name,
Drive.volume_mount_point,
Drive.logical_volume_name
from sys.master_files mf
CROSS APPLY sys.dm_os_volume_stats(mf.database_id, mf.FILE_ID) Drive
where mf.database_id not in (1,2,3,4)


The normal result I get for this query is.


NormalSituation


This is the result I get with the problem case.


WrongSituation


What can be the reason that sys.dm_os_volume_stats can't find the right volume?


Is it some wrong configuration at FCL level?


Why does my sys.master_files show the right drive but the cross applied fileID to sys.dm_os_volume_stats not ? How does this connection work with this DM?


I also checked the drive itself and the file is definitely in the right drive.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire