We have a debate with a coworker and I can't seem to find a straightforward answer to this anywhere.
Here is a scenario, we have a service, a kind of Deamon that has to check certain things in our production, let's say there are 3 types of checks (check1, check2 and check3).
We have a MySQL table, very simple, where we can configure the deamon name, the type of check, and the production ID.
Then the deamon will chek every X seconds/minutes if it has to check some production for check1, 2 or 3.
I want to run it every second but my coworker is saying that I'm going to overload the MySQL server if I query it every second. It seems to me that one second is a very long time for something as powerful as MySQL, and that it shouldn't do any harm. But I can't find any final answer about this. I know some cache exists for queries (which would be perfect for those kind of scenarios) but will it be activated by default or do we need to enable it manually ?
Also, would there be some kind of minimum hard/soft requirement for that scenario to be ok ? Because we have several deamons working this way.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire