lundi 1 décembre 2014

SQL Database query working really slowly


I have a database with two columns: 1)Word 2) Times Used


When the user enters a word it find the combination of words already typed (ex: combo = hello world) and updates the database using a dataset


The query is as follows:



SELECT TimesUsed, Word FROM Predictions WHERE (Word LIKE @partialWord) ORDER BY TimesUsed DESC


In my application I am calling it as follows:



PredTable = PredTA.GetDataByPartialWord(combo)
If PredTable.Count > 1 Then MsgBox("problem")
If PredTable.Count = 1 Then PredTA.Update(PredTable(0).TimesUsed + 1, combo)
If PredTable.Count = 0 Then PredTA.Insert(combo, 1)


When I debug it is taking 0.15 seconds to just do this query Is there anyway that I can quicken this up?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire