lundi 29 décembre 2014

Cannot start MySQL service on linux RHEL when pointing datadir to mounted ecryptfs folder


I moved the data directory for MySQL to an ecryptfs encrypted folder. When I run service mysqld start as root, the service will not start.



[Warning] Can't create test file /mysql/ip-172-31-29-184.lower-test
^G/usr/sbin/mysqld: Can't change dir to '/mysql/' (Errcode: 13 - Permission denied)


When it used to start before my encrypting the folder



ls -lZ /mysql outputs

drwx------. mysql mysql unconfined_u:object_r:mysqld_db_t:s0 mysql


now



ls -lZ /mysql outputs
drwx------. mysql mysql system_u:object_r:ecryptfs_t:s0 mysql


I think the issue is with how I mounted the encrypted directory.

mount -t ecryptfs /mysql /mysql


mount outputs



/mysql on /mysql type ecryptfs
(rw,ecryptfs_sig=6860c372da7bc418,ecryptfs_cipher=aes,ecryptfs_key_bytes=16,ecryptfs_unlink_sigs)


I am running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.6 (Santiago), MySQL 5.6.22



Any advice is appreciated. Thank you for your help in advance.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire