lundi 29 décembre 2014

Sql Server 2014 IO Resource Governor


I've have configured the resource governor for cpu, memory, and IO. I have my dbcc db checks running under a pool and workload that only allows 10% of memory and cpu, and only 100 IOPS. I have also been tracking it as it happens and it looks like it is working just fine. Limiting things the way I would expect. However, it seems to be affecting other pools and workloads at the IO level. Each db mdf and ldf sit on a netapp san, on their own volume. There doesn't seem to be any io contention on the netapp side. I wouldn't expect the IO governor to affect other things like this. What should I be looking at to fix this? The wait type on the dbcc is pagelatch_sh. I also see plenty of pagelatch_up and _ex for the other jobs that end up taking longer than normal.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire