lundi 1 décembre 2014

Recover data from corrupt .mdf and .ldf files


The server was crashed due to some hardware problems. I was able to recover .mdf and .ldf files but when I tried to attach them an error message appears that. I am running SQL Server 2000 SP4.



Error 5171: path.......mdf is not a primary database file.




  • I created a new database with the same name

  • stop SQL Service

  • replace newer files with the corrupted one

  • Start SQL Service

  • Now the database is in the suspected mode

  • Changed it to emergency mode

  • executed dbcc checkdb ('dbname')

  • then dbcc dbrecover ('dbname')


I have .mdf and .ldf files only. None of the attempt is helpful. Would appreciate your help and quick response in solving the problem!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire