lundi 29 décembre 2014

Multiple named Instances with Always On - SQL Server 2012


We have a Two node multi subnet Windows Server 2012 R2 cluster in two regions. Here we have three named SQL 2012 standalone Instances on each nodes and in progress of setting up Always On Availability Groups on each SQL Instances. I have set one already on One SQL Instance successfully but when I try to set up the second AO group on the second named instance I get the following error message.


"A connection timeout has occurred while attempting to establish a connection to availability replica 'DPA01\BAPP01' with id [567C-F10B-43C3-A2DB-BEDDD307589B]. Either a networking or firewall issue exists, or the endpoint address provided for the replica is not the database mirroring endpoint of the host server instance."


It looks like it's not supporting multiple endpoints with different ports on a single node. Has anyone come across this scenario? First Instance I used 5023 as the end point port and for second I used 5022.But the I cannot telnet from node 2 to 1 on port 5023 where as I can telnet from Node 1 to 2 on port 5023.Node 1 is not listening that port.


My simple question - Is the following set up supported ?


"Having multiple SQL named instances on two node windows cluster and Always On Availability Groups on each Instance."


Example of my setup


Node1 Following Named instances are exist - SQLINS1 , SQLINS2 Availability Groups - AO1 on SQLINS1 and AO2 on SQLINST2


Node2 Following Named instances are exist - SQLINS3 , SQLINS4 Availability Groups - AO1 on SQLINS3 and AO2 on SQLINST4


Here , Replicas of AO1 - SQLINS1 , SQLINS3 Replicas of AO2 - SQLINS2 , SQLINS4


If my question is not clear I am happy to give you more details about the setup which I am trying.


Thank you very much for your time and I really appreciate it!!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire