lundi 1 décembre 2014

Enforce referential integrity for FriendRequest table that has UserA and UserB


I have a table called User that has UserName as a primary key.


I want to establish a relationship with enforced referential integrity between User and FriendRequest.


FriendRequest has the following: RequestID, UserNameA, UserNameB, Accepted. UserNameA is the sender of the request and UserNameB is the recpient. Accepting requests sets the relationship between A and B to friends. Rejecting deletes the row. No answer means that Accepted is set to FALSE.


The problem is that I can't enforce integrity and without it I can enter any user name for UserNameA and UserNameB even if that particular UserName does not even exist on UserProfile.


Is there a way to make my FriendRequest table work in Access?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire