samedi 29 novembre 2014

SQL4970N Roll-forward recovery on database cannot reach the specified stop point


I have three regions: hsprd, hstst, and hstrn.


A request came in to restore hstst to hstrn, then to restore hsprd to hstst.


I don't run backups on my hstst or hstrn regions. So I manually ran a backup of hstst to restore into hstrn using this command:


db2 restore db hstst taken at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX to /dbs into hstrn newlogpath /dbs/log/hstrn


My users said the system 'looked good'.


I delete my hstst backup, run a manual backup of hsprd, and repeat my process to restore hsprd into hstst. Everything goes fine, but I was getting an error about a ROLL-FORWARD PENDING status. So then I run these commands:



db2 restore db hsprd logs logtarget /dbs/log/hstst
db2 rollforward db hstst to end of logs and complete


Now my users are saying the hstrn region is reporting the same ROLL-FORWARD PENDING status. I try to run the same commands as above, but on my hstrn region, however my database backup for hstst has been deleted. When trying to rollforward, I get this message:



(/home/hs/hstrn)> db2 rollforward db hstrn to end of logs and complete
SQL4970N Roll-forward recovery on database "HSTRN" cannot reach the specified
stop point (end-of-log or point-in-time) on database partition(s) "0".
Roll-forward recovery processing has halted on log file "S0006597.LOG".


Is there something I can do?


EDIT: I've tried to db2 rollforward db hstrn to end of logs and complete but receive this error:



SQL4970N Roll-forward recovery on database "HSTRN" cannot reach the specified
stop point (end-of-log or point-in-time) on database partition(s) "0".
Roll-forward recovery processing has halted on log file "S0006597.LOG"




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire