dimanche 30 novembre 2014

Is attaching a database on the same server under a different database name possible?


I recently offered to help a friend with some development. She isn't a technical person and it turned out what she needed was more a DBA/SQL developer. She gave me the IP and password to this server.


There is no development server. Only production. So I have to be extra careful with everything I do.


I accidentally altered a stored procedure and know I'm trying to get it back. I had the old employees send me the lastest files. They were in rar format and after I unzipped the DB folder, there was only a file inside(no extension). Looking at the contents led me to believe it is a SQL Server .mdf file. This leads me to my question.


Can I attach this mdf file to a new database I just created? Without it trying to take down the other instance? It seems like I could but since this is production, I have to be EXTRA careful.


The server is Windows Server 2008 R2, with SQL Server Management Studio 2012 installed.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire