dimanche 1 mars 2015

11.2GB text file import MySQL or PostGreSQL


I am out of my depth a bit perhaps but submit this query hoping someone has some experience importing large (11.2GB) tab delimited text file (2.2GB tar.gz file) into either MySQL 5.5.41 or PostGreSQL 9.3.6. Double precision for the fields will be required as it is spatial data (Latitude, Longitude and Elevation).


I have MySQL and PostGreSQL setup on Ubuntu 14.04 using phpMyAdmin and phpPGAdmin to interact with the servers. However I realise that command line interaction will probably be better.


I have read a bit and there seems to be a way to split data for MySQL (SQLDumpSplitter2 - http://ift.tt/1zw30SX).


Any suggestions or alternative options greatly appreciated.


Thanks Paul





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire